Thursday, February 11, 2010

Communication

some linguistic possibilities or communication motives to explore:

Anguish Languish
English words are astonishingly versatile and could readily be made to serve a new and extraordinary purpose, but nobody seems to care about this except SPAL (Society for the Promotion of the Anguish Languish)

"Deer's Norway eyed cove Oslo aesthet"
"Laddle rat rotten hut"
"farm bully"
"comb in ground"
"okay toes"
"marry hatter laddle limb"

Ruminations
www.ruminations.com
Ruminations.com is a free, interactive community of people writing what they're thinking. Simply put, it's Digg meets Twitter meets Seinfeld.
A "rumination" is a short, funny, original observation or anecdote.

"Who in the hell gives you the authority to judge my password strength? I do what I want, dammit "
"Nothing makes me feel more awkward then when I miss a high five. "
"Once my kids found out they were called 'throw pillows' I had to remove all of the expensive objects from my living room"
"The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again."

-a vehicle for change within the city - similar observations and local contradictions

Only in America -> Only in Syracuse
"Only in America do people order a double bacon cheeseburger, extra large fries, and an extra large diet coke."
"Only in America can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance"
"Only in America do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well poli in Latin meaning many, and tics meaning bloodsucking creatures."

Syracuse.com
"Memories of Growing up in CNY"
People Submitted memories

No comments:

Post a Comment